Heeeeeey! I am still alive:) This has been a very long week, but I got through it. Monday there was a meeting for Social Activities where everyone had a paper put on their back and we had to walk around and write compliments on people's papers. It was so nice to get a bunch of sweet compliments from people, what a great idea to use for a part of an activity or something. After the meeting I was told by our FHE dad that we were going to play fugitive and park games for FHE so I decided I would just go to the "lesson part" of FHE. It was a combined FHE with other FHE families. I discovered that I actually could participate in the fugitive game as one of the cops in the car that was chasing people down. It was really fun! We had them run from a Walgreens all the way to the temple. It was so funny chasing some of the people and others made it all the way there without being caught.
Wednesday morning I got up at 5:45 to go to the ward temple trip at 6am. It was something I am so glad I went to- I needed a temple trip so bad. It was a little difficult to get around and I managed to wrap my cast in the white wrap I had received at the beginning of the semester, but I did two sessions of confirmations. On Thursday night, my stand-partner in Orchestra took me with her to go to her family's house and open her mission call. I was glad to support her though it was defintely hard for me to get around and go shopping afterwards. I felt pretty burdensome, but the people we were with were very understanding. I was planning on getting back for the ward closing social, but the opening and everything went until very late. She is going to Russia on Dec. 3 and I am happy for her. Her father passed away in a plane crash three years ago to the very day she got her call, so we also stopped to go see his grave. I can't imagine how hard that would be- she is amazing.
Friday night I went to a friends apartment where they were having a movie night. When I got there they were watching a cheesy old disney movie. After that everyone seemed to be at a loss as to what they should do, so I brought up the game of fish-bowl I always played with my friends in high school. We had so much fun the next hour or so playing that game and then we all basically talked for another few hours. I was so happy to be able to be in the social scene a little bit since I miss it so much. I have been a little bummed the past few weeks when I have been invited or could have gone to play night games, go cliff jumping, bridge jumping, go caving, dancing and all kinds of those fun stuff---The Lord wants me to learn something from this, I know it. I've reached a point where I feel that I can live with not going out and partying every night.
Saturday was reeeeally chill- almost too chill. At one point I decided that I would lose it if I didn't go out and do something. I took a shower, made myself look good so I could feel human, then Wele and I watched one of her Indian movies she loves. Marisa, my stand partner, then brought me cupcakes. We were supposed to go to a movie, but she told me she actually had a date- so Wele and I just watched our movie. Then, randomly I got a text from Marisa telling me she was in the parking lot and was taking me to a movie(How to Train your Dragon 2). It was a very uncomfortable situation--- she basically set me up on a date with a guy who as of this week was practically her boyfriend. He thought it was just going to be Marisa, him and I so he bought us three tickets- but no, Marisa brought the guy she went on a date with that. I felt so bad for the guy I was with. He has done so much for Marisa, but she doesn't have attachment to any guys since she has a mission call. I don't know... The movie was great, it just wasn't a fun situation- for my leg either. Today was Ward conference- Ward Counsil was at 7:15 am- so I am exhausted right now. But the Stake President was great and talked to our Relief Society about being a 10 to find a 10 to marry.
Dang! One more week- that is all:) I do believe that this is possible. I've gotten through 4 weeks on crutches and with my scooter- I can absolutely do one more. I am excited because I have a duet with Marisa in the Orchestra concert next week. This is it- my second semester is about to come to an end. I won't be coming back to this place for nearly 20 months. I am ready to serve the Lord:)
Cupcakes from Marisa
Watching a movie at my friend's Friday night
Just studying
New shirt I bought Thursday night- had to break it in on Friday:)
Gorgeous sunset Thursday night
Marisa's friend I met at her call opening- a way cool girl:)
My "compliment" sheet
Me n my cast n my scooter:)
I have this "scooter" thing down:)












No comments:
Post a Comment