Weeeeell, this week was crazycrazycrazy. Monday, I did a ton of homework, went to my outdoor discovery meeting where we had to find a treasure on campus with a GPS system. I was paired with two boys and we searched the entire Austin building and NEVER found it until someone told us it was in the bushes behind a different building entirely! I also catered for an FHE group serving ice cream and worked out at the gym hard core.Tuesday I got a ton of laundry (our dorm won free laundry because we have had good clean checks!) and grocery shopping done. I also worked for a while doing catering set up for the catering fair the following day. That night, I joined Emma Elizondo, a friend from New Mexico and went to her ward's Halloween party since ours wasn't having one. It was so fun! I was a cowgirl. We had icecream, socialized, had a costume contest, a Pumpkin carving contest and a donut eating contest. I joined two other guys and we did the donut eating from a string contest which we won!!! The guys gave me the prize- a bag of almond joys---heaven.
Wednesday was insane but still fun! I had my many classes (math class got cancelled, what a relief!), catering fair-which consisted of all of us doing the whole "costco sampling" thing where we convince the people that came to have us cater their events ans sample our food. The food was so good! We all snuck some when we had the chance;) That night was the choir concert which was great! I love being a part of a choir that is so amazing and the instructor is so fun. It was so fun to see Sara in the audience for me.
After the concert, I went country dancing which is way fun. The guys there really know how to dance, but I really need to get better so that I can be at their level when I dance with them. Thursday was HALLOWEEN!!! I did lots of homework andwent to a party for my dance class dressed in my orange formal as a costume. I decided right then that I was not wearing that for the night, so after the party, I changed into my cowgirl outfit! We all then went to the Halloween DANCE!!! Sara and I went to the haunted sppok alley which turned out to be disturbing and gory. bleh. And creepy- a clowwn was following us the whole time! The dance was so fun though! I met Daryle, a friend of mine who really knew how to swing dance! I also hung out with Cole alot! We had so much fun!
My "Jessie from Toy Story" outfit!
Katie getting Sara's eye makeup ready;)
Our "fireplace"!
After dancing a ton, we waited in line for the second spook alley where we had to get into a canoe and cross the river stix (the hart pool) while zombies try to tip us over. I got SOAKED when a zombie jumped from the diving board into the water next to me.
After the Halloween party, we all piled a ton of us into a car and went to Mcdonalds for a treat! I ended up getting home 10 min after curfew- oops;)!
Katie and Megan all snuggled up in their make shift bed, couch thing;)
Ill have more pics later, but on Friday night I went to a friends house where we ate pizza and cinimon rolls and watched Wrold War Z! I then went Latin dancing where there are a ton of mexican dancers who are GOOD at dancing! THEEEEN, I did the midnight 5k!!! It was so fun! I got 3rd place for the girls and so I won tickets to "battle of the bands" next week!
Saturday was so chill because I did 6 hrs of homework on Friday. I went swing dancing for 2 hours and then went to my favorite class of all time!!!- Lifts and drops practice- where we all learn crazy flip, drop, spin, catch moves that we can do at dances. It was so fun!!! These huge buff guys throwing me around like I'm nothing! This was 2 hours....Theeeen- the two guys I met last week who bought me hot cocoa and churros invited me to go caving! SO at 6pm, we met in a parking lot (like 25 of us) and drove really far out to the caves. This pic is of me and this girl in the back seat of a pick up rockin out to music.
When we got there, everyone piled into the pick ups where we drove crazy fast over sand mounds and bumps until we reached the caves. The caves were amaaaazing. I was soooo glad I brought a flashlight because we climbed over sharp slippery rocks and boulders for a long time. A girl and I wrapped our arms around each other for balance all the way there! When we reached the end of the cave we all broke hundreds of glow sticks and sprayed the glow all over the rocks, ceiling, walls, and ourselves. It was beautiful- like throwing star dust every where. I'd compare it to the "Space mountain " ride at Disney land.
Well, we all played sardines in the dark. All of the lights were off so it was a crazy experience trying to climb over all the piles of slippery rocks! It didn't help that they always hid like deep in a hole or a crevasse. I talked with a guy named James alot of the time- he was cool and helped me sometimes over the rocks because I had brought really bad shoes. We all left and hiked all the way back. This time though, I joined the crazies in the back of the pick up and thought I was going to die because the truck was going to fast! We made it though and everyone got in their cars and left. One of the guys who invited me brought us to Kiwi Loco (Him, his roommate, and I) where we had some delicious frozen yogurt. We played a board game in their lounge and they walked me home. They were awesome guys that I got along great with! Today is daylight savings and I should probably get ready for church. Needless to say- this week was so fun!!! I loooove it here- i am so happy:)






No comments:
Post a Comment