So i just got my camera fixed, so I can upload pics! I have loved every second of college:) I do believe that in a sense I have not stopped being busy since my parents dropped me off!
I'll fill everyone in as much as I can- SOOO, I really like my roommates- they make me laugh and we all get along really well with clean checks and we haven't really fought yet. I'm way into the swing dances that they have here! They have this arial practice I went to where the guys learn all of these moves to throw a girl into acrabatic moves while dancing! The guys here know how to dance- They aren't all cute, but I don't care if they can dance:)
I've dove into the outdoors activities club which has been a blast so far! Yesterday, I volunteered to lead a bunch of people at the base of the Teton mountains through all kinds of fun activities. It was so fun! We did a giant swing, ropes courses, fribee-golf, slacklining, archery, black powder rifle shooting, geocaching and more. The students in my group had such great attitudes and I just loved being up in the mountain area to take a break from Rexburg awesome craziness;) I also was able to get to know the other volunteers as well that I will be working with in the future.
I absolutely love my job! I have so much fun doing it that I forget that I get paid. I get to work with some fun people and cater some cool events. It is hard work though I won't lie. Last Thursday, some one helped me set up the food, but for the most part I was on my own to clean up and work with those we served. It was a little intimidating to be trusted with so much. Oh- and if you don't know- most of what I do is setting up a room to look beautiful with goblets, decor, and foo which I either serve to them or they get it buffet style, then I clean up after them. I thought we weren't allowed to eat the food we serve, but some occasions I have been allowed to:)
In my studies, I have truely grown to love "learning." I don't think I have ever had that be the case before I came here, in high school it was all about the grade. But here I am learning so very much at a rapid pace with students who have my values by teachers that care- the complete opposite of what I have had. These classes are fun and hard at the same time. I'm taking Marriage preparation- Love this class, the teacher is so smart and witty about dating and marriage. Science foundations- Great class, but I am struggling with the tests because they are so hard. Family Relations- The teacher is so good. We have to prepare alot for this class that I have M W F at 7:45 am (too early.). But I made a great friend in this class! Choir- The teacher is incredible. She knows exactly what she is doing and has therefore earned my respect. That class is fun because the music is challenging (the next level). Dance- I am learning new skills, it's been a good thing! Math 108- This is a hard class that is half online. The teacher is fantastic though= he actually wants us to succeed. I do have to study extremely hard. Book of Mormon- My favorite favorite favorite class that I have learned an incredible amount in. We dive deep into the scriptures and my teacher is so funny and has so far taught me things about the gospel that I have never thought of before. I've never been so excited to go to a class and disappointed when it is over. I work so hard in these classes. To study, I have to disappear into a corner of the library for several hours at a time.
In church I got a calling as a relief society teacher. I hope I can fullfill that calling well. We had to attend a training for all those with callings which was insightful and did help.
Welllllll, I've been trying to live on my own and figure out what the heck I am doing these past few weeks. I have to shop once a week which means a long walk to the store Broulims and then finding a ride home. I figured out laundry- that wasn't too difficult. But I do have to make time to do it. I've been really trying to eat healthy and work out at the gym they have here. I went to a few fitness classes they have here which were fantastic like "abs that rock" and "zumba." I love to go lift weights because there are so many attractive guys who I am lifting next to. I feel tough and strong:) I am getting better at all of this though. One day it will be natural.
BOYS----Well, I've gone on about 6 dates so far. They were fun experiences! One was to the Sand dunes, two were dancing, one was mini golf and icecream, one was to jamba juice... Iwas asked out a couple other times to other things but I had to turn them down because I had been asked by these guys first. It has been good to get to know these different people. If I'm completely invested in any- I don't think so, but you never know. I'm trying to figure out the dating customs here. There seems to be a very interesting culture here. Either you're married, engaged, pre-missionary, or post-missionary. You never know except for when you check their hand. I have been tripped up multiple times thinking a friend I made was single when they were married or almost married. It's strange, but I am sloooooowely getting used to it!
I have had fun! I feel like there is always something to do! I've met people at dances they have every night, my classes, FHE (which has been ok), the ward, friends of friends, these clubs.... I love it here. I have had my social life full to the brim and I love it that way:) I love the people here. You walk past many people you dont know and they either smile, say hi, or compliment you. The spirit here is so present. You can feel it strong. I feel like I belong here. I most definitely miss my family, but I have fallen in love with Rexburg and BYU-I. You can go to the temple and randomly show up to do baptisms or other ordinances. It takes several hours, but oh how I love attending the temple again.
Okay, well I tried to fit in as much as possible! I'll post more often pictures and let you know whats going on up here in the awesomest place on earth!:D
No comments:
Post a Comment